Join us on Saturday, May 5 at 1:00 PM for our May Crafternoon.
Instructor Carolyn Cox will offer attendees a chance to create a sunflower mesh wreath.
Registration is required and this class will be limited to 25 attendees.
Last date to register is Wednesday, April 25.
Please register by contacting Lynn in person at the Library, calling 740.446.7323 x 229, or e-mailing LPauley@bossardlibrary.org with the subject heading "Mesh Wreath". Please furnish your name, e-mail and phone number.
In order to create your mesh wreath, please purchase the following supplies:
- 1 four-ring metal wreath form (12 inches)
- 1 small roll of green deco mesh (10 inches). 12 pieces are needed for the wreath, so you can share with a friend.
- 2 rolls of deco mesh (21 inches). These can be two complementary colors or both one color.
- 1 precut styrofoam half ball (6 inches). If you cannot find a half ball, buy a whole ball and cut it in half with a serrated knife.
- 1 piece of plastic canvas (12 inches x 14 inches).
The Library will be furnishing the clear flat glass gems, pipe cleaners, zip ties, hot glue and glue guns.
Please have the following completed before the class:
- Cut 12 pieces of the green mesh (10 inches x 10 inches)
- Cut 24 pieces of the secondary color mesh (10 1/2 inches x 10 inches)
- Cut 54 pieces of the main color mesh -- the color you want to see in the front (10 1/2 inches x 10 inches)
- If you will be using just one color mesh, cut 78 pieces (10 1/2 inches x 10 inches).
- Bring your extra mesh to class in case you have miscounted or make a mistake.
Paint the domed side of your half ball with acrylic paint. DO NOT paint the flat bottom. Paint it to complement your mesh colors.The Library has acrylic paint that you can use. Contact Lynn at the Library to set up a time the week before the class to stop in and paint your ball. Please let Lynn know what color of acrylic paint you want to use. If you wish, you may also purchase your own acrylic paint.
Lay your wreath form on top of the plastic canvas and use a pen or marker to trace on the upper side of the second wire from the center. Cut this canvas circle out.
Bring all your materials to class.